Monday, May 6, 2013

Extending the Visual Identity

On page 103 of No Plastic Sleeves, the text explains how important it is to have your entire portfolio designed in a specific way to display your skills and creativity. I think now that I have read this I am going to think of or start designing a cover page. I'm not sure how effective it is to have my branding on the first page. Right now I have my resume, letterhead and business cards on the opening page. Yes this immediately shows the viewer who I am but these elements aren't that intriguing. They aren't colorful and they don't jump start the viewers opinion into my creative mind. Also I didn't go with the expensive portfolio that can be initialed and designed. Unfortunately I have a plain black hard cover and I can't do much about it.

I hope I have time to complete a cover element for the first page of my portfolio! Now thinking about it i'm thinking an info-graphic type of project with information about myself and brightly colored graphics.

Below is a sick looking portfolio cover someone made. I think it is very appealing to look at and definitely makes me want to look at the rest of his work.


No comments:

Post a Comment