In Building Design Porfolios, I have been exposed to many ways one could display their work. Some of these ways include online portfolios, standard book portfolios and the most fascinating, the non-traditional portfolio. Looking at how many people chose to put together their pieces which are out of the box and original already with an out of the box and original technique is amazing. I have decided if I were to have all the resources as well as the time, this would be so fun and worth while. It just makes sense. Why would the design of the designer stop at their work. It can go beyond.. the portfolio could also be a piece.
I remember when Creative Buzz came and spoke to us they discussed how some portfolios that caught their eye were considered to be non-traditional. These were the portfolios that didn't fit in a book or sometimes even a bag. These portfolios were out of the box and noticed. When editing my portfolio in the future I definitely feel this is a direction to go in for presenting my work. As I stated in the blog prior to this, first impressions are key. Why not go all out and design something wild for the portfolio. Something different with a theme, a story and a process.
No comments:
Post a Comment